Developed by a rower for all water-based sports, Rowers Rub is a natural chemical-free answer to the problem of sores and chafing caused by rubbing and perspiration during hard exercise or endurance events. The friction caused by rubbing can get worse with changes in pressure, warmth and humidity, and the irritation then develops to abraded skin which becomes open to getting infections from dirty water or the environment. Blisters can form from the shear effect when one layer of skin separates from another due to repeated movement caused by rubbing and pressure, leading to damage to the underlying layers where the nerves are, which results in feeling pain and discomfort and impairing your ability to perform at your best. On the surface of the skin, the salts and other by-products leached during sweating also contribute to the soreness. The application of Rowers Rub puts a thin layer of natural waxes and oils over your skin to reduce friction, and stops the salts from reaching the skin whilst allowing the skin to breathe. The essential oils also naturally inhibit the growth of bacteria.
Unlike chemical products, Rowers Rub is:
- made from natural ingredients including plant waxes and essential oils
- non-greasy, it lies on the skin to create a protective surface whilst allowing the skin to breathe and prevents the sweat by-products from irritating the skin further.
- includes essential oils including Clove and Cajaput to provide anti-bacterial properties for river and still-water based activities to help reduce infection.
- the combination of essential oils helps the skin to recover after exercise.
- Rowers Rub can be applied on chafed areas without stinging or discomfort.
- Hypoallergenic - nothing but premium ingredients - no water, chemicals, silicons or Parabens.
- Available in 60ml tins or 100ml tins for better value.
Ben Ajayi-Obe took Rowers Rub on the Atlantic Discovery Talisker Whiskey transatlantic challenge, completing the crossing in 40 days. Ben said that Rowers Rub 'literally saved my a**e! Thank you for the tubs you gave us'.
Rowers Rub contains: Brassica Campestris Oil, Soya Wax, Beeswax, Cocoa butter, vegetable glycerine, Zea Mays, Essential Clove Bud oil and Cajeput oil. The Cajeput oil has antiseptic properties, helping to prevent skin infection during activities on still or river water; Clove oil also has antibacterial properties and helps the skin recover. Rowers Rub can also be applied without stinging after exercise if you have developed sore skin, and and the balm helps prevent further discomfort by protecting the damaged area.
Leaping Fish Rowers Rub. 60 g recyclable metal tin £11.99. UK postage £3.00
Tested by men and women rowing during a variety of events including in Gigs and Outriggers during the London Great River Race over almost 22 miles, Rowers Rub helped prevent sores and 'Giggers Arse' in different boats with rowers and paddlers experiencing various challenging conditions.
See what others say about using Rowers Rub
It works equally well for anyone on the water wherever there is any friction or rubbing....
You can also buy some of old stock in plastic containers at a discount whilst stocks last - here